Resources & Links
Japanese American Citizens League 2019 – 2020 Strategic Plan – The Strategic Plan sets the operational and program priorities for the JACL each biennium. The ongoing effectiveness of the organization will be determined by the successful outcomes of these important initiatives.
Anti-Bullying Resource Guide – A comprehensive study that correlates AAPI Bullying and Suicide. In memory of Ronin Shimizu (2002-2014).
Reflections on the Japanese American Sesquicentennial at Wakamatsu Farm – WakamatsuFest150 was a sesquicentennial festival celebrating 150 years of Japanese American heritage, arts, and cuisine at Wakamatsu Farm in Placerville, California.
Power of Words – Booklet explaining euphemisms surrounding the Japanese American incarceration.
- The Japanese American Experience: A Lesson in American History
JACL’s acclaimed curriculum guide containing a summary of the history of Japanese Americans, a chronology of important dates, a resource listing of books, videos and websites, learning activities for the classroom and an appendix with photos and copies of primary documents from the incarceration era.
- The Journey from Gold Mountain: The Asian American Experience
JACL’s curriculum guide that covers the struggles and contributions of Asian Americans. This comprehensive guide contains a history of Asian American history beginning with the immigration of the Chinese in the mid-1800s, including the Japanese American incarceration during WWII through the 2000s. The guide contains information and learning activities suitable for creating classroom units on Asian American history.
- Densho: The Japanese American Legacy Project
- Anti-Defamation League: 20th Anniversary of the Civil Liberties Act of 1988
- A More Perfect Union: Japanese Americans & the U.S. Constitution
- Smithsonian Education: Letters from the Japanese American Internment
- Japanese American National Museum
- National JACL
- National JACL Credit Union
- Pacific Citizen